Welcome to the Housing Help Centre.
Client Services during COVID-19:
All face to face services are closed to the public and physical distancing is in practice.
Regular hygiene (ie: hand washing, cleaning of any surfaces, etc) is practiced diligently by staff still on premises
Income Tax Clinics – spring 2021
- People will be receiving their cheques with no contact through our front door. Monthly budget of basic needs has resumed
- All utilities will be paid based on last month’s budget
- TD bank cheque cashing privilege - 31 Queen St.
- Rents will be mailed or direct deposited to TD accounts only
ID clinic – by appointment only. Please call Diane at 905-685-1349 x221
Service Canada clinic - halted temporarily
OESP electricity credit will still be done remotely via, fax, phone or email
LEAP Enbridge and Hydro One – people are instructed to contact United Way Simcoe Muskoka
1-855-487-5327. Verification will be done via Housing Help.
LEAP Electra applications can be taken over the phone and managed remotely
Housing Services – people can be assisted remotely via phone or email
Niagara Regional Housing
Applications will be taken over the phone and sent to NRH. If any information is missing NRH will send the client a letter and the client can return missing information directly to NRH via email, regular mail or fax.
Housing Help Centre of Community Care
129 Church St., St. Catharines, ON L2R 3E2
905.984.8955 | Fax: 905.984.8838
Do you need assistance with...
- Ability to stay in school
- Affordable housing searches
- Assistance with Ontario Works and Ontario Disability
- Faxing items
- Facing eviction
- Money Management – Trusteeship Service (including youth, 16 - 24 years old)
- Obtaining ID
- Ontario Energy Assistance Program
- Re-entering society after leaving institutions
- Receiving mail
- Referrals to other resources, programs and services in the community
- Referral for furniture
- Phone use
- Preparing Income Taxes (spring only)
- Utility Assistance
Landlords: Register your property with us!