Rankin Cancer Run
May 26, 2018, 10:00 a.m.
The Rankin Run is a 1K/5K walk/run that takes place in the Port Weller area of St. Catharines, Ontario. The route includes part of the picturesque canal pathway system and winds through a bright and friendly neighbourhood.
Run Day Activities
8:00 a.m.: Registration Begins
9:30 a.m.: Mini-sprint for children 5 and under - meet in front of stage area
9:45 a.m.: Warm-up
9:50 a.m.: National anthem, blessing and inspirational words from a cancer survivor
10:00 a.m.: START
11:45 a.m.: Closing Ceremony, entertainment and FREE barbecue
QEW to Niagara Street North exit, St. Catharines, stay on Niagara Street to end at Parnell Road. Continuous bus shuttles from 8 a.m., with last one leaving at 9:15 a.m., available at:
- Laura Secord Secondary School, 349 Niagara St, St. Catharines, ON L2M 4V9
- Governor Simcoe Secondary School, 15 Glenview Ave, St. Catharines, ON L2N 2Z7
- Eden High School, 535 Lake St, St. Catharines, ON L2N 4H7
- Jeanne Sauvé French Immersion Public School, 91 Bunting Rd, St. Catharines, ON L2P 3G8
- THK Rhythm Automotive Canada (formerly TRW), 230 Louth St, St. Catharines, ON L2R 7B5
- Westlane High School, Lundy's Lane, 5960 Pitton Rd, Niagara Falls, ON L2H 1T5
Many nearby roads will be closed or blocked so arrive early. Buses courtesy of DANNEL Coach Lines. (Be sure to thank all the generous drivers!)
Strollers, wheelchairs, leashed dogs are welcomed; but please no bikes, no skateboards, no in-line skates.
Note: There are different start directions for the 1K and 5K.
1 KM Route - right out of park
Starts on Niagara, go right on Lakeshore; right onto Bunting...volunteers will direct you along this short route.